The Point No Point Light Station is the oldest lighthouse on Puget Sound with several of the original buildings still intact. It is located on a low finger of land that the local Native American tribes had given the name Hahd-skus, meaning long nose. The Point No Point Treaty was signed on the spit in 1855 by Territorial Gov. Isaac Stevens and leaders of Chimacum, Skokomish and S'Klallam tribes, ending the Indian wars. The lighthouse has been in continuous operation, providing navigational aids since its completion in 1879.
The light station property is currently leased from the Coast Guard by Kitsap County Parks and Recreation. The lighthouse is located in the 3 acre Point No Point County Park near Hansville. It is listed in the Washington State Heritage Register and the National Register of Historical Places. The property includes the lightkeepers' duplex that now houses the US Lighthouse Society executive offices in one half and with the other half available as a vacation rental.
Point No Point Lighthouse is open to the public.
Tours are available weekends from 12-pm April through mid-October.
Tours outside those dates or during the week may be set up by contacting us via email.